Church sound systems come in many forms, from simple PA systems switched on at the start of a service, to full blown sound systems with a stage area for worship groups. Church buildings also vary and include traditional church or chapel designs, modern buildings designed with amplification in mind, and school halls or converted industrial units.
It is very likely that each church sound system installation will have unique requirements
Church Sound System Installation
MPB Sound and Light provide a complete church sound system installation service, this includes a site visit and church sound system proposal, sourcing and installation of equipment, and provision of training for your operators or church wardens in how to use the sound system
Examples of previous church sound system installations include
- Simple to use sound systems which can be left unattended during services
- Flexible sound systems with multiple microphones
- Integrated hearing loop systems
- Sound systems with complex worship group requirements
- Full digital sound system installations for large churches
Church Sound System installation site visit and proposal
- In order to get a better understanding of your requirements we will arrange to meet your representatives onsite at the church to discuss the requirements for your church sound system installation
- We will discuss the options available and an overview of how we can meet your requirements, and any restrictions that might apply in listed buildings etc.
- If there are any options which we are aware of that might benefit your congregation then these will also be discussed with you
- Then the formal detailed proposal will be written by our engineers and provided to you for consideration
The process of laying and routing sound cables in church buildings is very time consuming, so it makes sense to lay cables for extra microphones, projectors and audio monitors at the same time as your church sound system is installed, even if they are not going to be used right now
Church sound system installation
Once you have accepted our installation proposal a target date for installation of your church sound system can be set
We recognise that unexpected funerals and regular commitments can alter the actual days available for installation, and therefore we try to be as flexible as possible
The actual process of a church sound system installation can take from a few days to a few weeks depending on the size of church, we normally ask for a week to complete a church sound system installation. During this time it is usually necessary to bring in scaffolding or other access equipment, and there will be times where access by the public could be limited for health and safety purposes.
The first couple of days is usually taken up with putting cables in place and erecting access equipment, with equipment installation and testing in the second half of the project. The final day is when fine tuning and training takes place.
Additional training sessions can be arrange if required for an additional fee
All our church sound system installation work is backed by a 12 month guarantee, if equipment fails within 28 days then it will be replaced with a new item, after this the manufacturers may offer to repair the item. We would carry out the replacement free of charge
Please note that if the manufacturer can prove that the damage was caused wilful neglect or improper use of the equipment that a repair/replacement charge may apply, particularly in the case of damaged speakers.
During the settling in period we will be available to answer your questions and give advice, and if required, we can arrange to come back and meet you free of charge, subject to other commitments at the time
If you would like regular maintenance and checks carried out we would be pleased to discuss this with you and offer you a maintenance proposal
When your requirements change in the future please contact us to discuss how your sound system can be updated or expanded to meet these new requirements