We have installed QSC Amplifiers in large venues and found them to be reliable and very easy to configure.
The addition of a built in crossover means that you can configure these amplifiers to suit each event, powering full range speakers on both channels or subs on ch1 and full range/tops on ch2.
QSC amplifiers have proprietary electronics that continually monitor the state of the amplifier and the signal to prevent shutdown, overload and clipping.
The GX3 and GX5 models of amplifier use high quality toroidal transformers in their power supplies. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the supply, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a compact chassis.
The GX7 model adds the QSC PowerLight supply to the Class H output section, for greater output power with additional weight savings. This gives the GX7 amplifier one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the industry. A low-noise variable-speed fan with rear-to-front airflow keeps amplifiers and racks cool.
All models feature RCA Phono, Jack and XLR inputs, together with a choice of binding post or speakon speaker outputs
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4- and 8-ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2- and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - GX3 and GX5 less than 26 lb (12.5 kg). GX7 only 15.5 lb (7 kg)*
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal, and clipping
- Subwoofer/satellite crossover built-in
|PA Amplifier Model||4 Ohm||8 Ohm|
|GX3 Professional Power Amplifier||2 x 425w rms||2 x 300w rms|
|GX5 Professional Power Amplifier||2 x 700w rms||2 x 500w rms|
|GX7 Professional Power Amplifier||2 x 1000w rms||2 x 725w rms|